Gwinnett Clinic accepts patients from most commercial health insurance plans.
Common insurances plans (HMO / POS / PPO), Medicare, Medicaid, workers’ compensation, auto insurance, and indemnity insurance. Scroll down to see a partial list of accepted health insurance plans.
If you do not have insurance, our physicians are happy to see you as a private pay patient. Please call ahead if you have any questions about the fee schedule.
Insurance Plans Accepted by Gwinnett Clinic:
Please note this is a partial list. If you do not see your plan below, please call us prior to your visit to verify that we accept your insurance.
- Aetna Exchange / Aetna CVS Health™
- Ambetter Marketplace / Exhange
- Auto insurance (no 3rd party claims)
- Beech Street
- BCBS POS
- BCBS PPO
- BCBS EPO
- BCBS HMO-OA (Open Access)
- BCBS HMO Gatekeeper* (must have Gwinnett Clinic PCP name on card; call BCBS Member Services to change the name!)
- CareSource Marketplace / Exchange
- Cigna (Atlanta Plumbers, Cigna + Oscar from Oscar Health Plan of GA, Great West, Health Partners, NALC, Priority Health, and Samba)
- First Health
- Friday Health Plans
- Health One Alliance
- HealthPlan Select
- Humana (except HMOx)
- Medicaid (traditional)
- Medicare (traditional with or without secondary)
- Tricare (Tricare East Select and Tricare for Life only)
- Workers’ Compensation
*This plan is not accepted by some of our specialists.
** Gwinnett Clinic is currently NOT in-network with Bright, some Cigna plans (including Connect, Local Plus, and International Plans), Oscar, or UnitedHealthcare. The practice is also NOT in-network with any Medicare Advantage plans. If you would like Gwinnett Clinic to join any of these networks, call your insurance company and tell them to add Gwinnett Clinic! We would love to see you!
If you do not currently have insurance or are seeking to switch plans in the context of recent changes resulting from the Affordable Care Act, we encourage you to visit the marketplace enrollment website: www.healthcare.gov
Helpful tips for your next visit with us:
- To schedule an appointment, please call one of our 18 locations.
- When you make an appointment, please confirm the physician or nurse practitioner you plan to see accepts your health insurance.
- Bring a valid photo ID and a printed copy of your insurance card / information.
- Expect to pay a co-pay and other standard office visit fees before the appointment begins.
- All new and established patients fill out medical forms prior to their appointment. If you would like to receive these forms in advance, please contact your appointment location to request them by fax or in-person pick up.
- If you do not have insurance, a physician or nurse practitioner may still be able to see you! Call ahead to find out about affordable rates for you.
*This information is subject to change without notice. Updated January 2022